Staged Lifecycle In Systems Investigation Assignment Help
Discuss the importance of following a procedural/staged lifecycle in a systems investigation
The importance of using the staged life cycle is the most effective process which includes the following steps.
- Initial investigation- Initial investigation is one of the most time taken and tedious task to identify the real problem of the system. Top Grub Company that produces gourmet-style meals which are frozen have to investigate about the entire requirement. The analysis about initial or startup investigation has taken more time and days to understand about the retailers. Because different types of retailers want different types of services from the top grub companies. In this step the top grub companies have to start survey at all the necessary and important field and collect the basic to high level information for their advanced system.
- Requirement of Retailer- The top grubs wants a system that has capabilities tounderstand and gets information about which type of service is required by retailer.The top grubs companies have to makes a short report on all the information that they gets during the period of analysis, because on the basis of analysis a best system will made.
- Analysis on retailer’s demand- To purchase frozen meal, the retailer has to register themselves on the website of top grub so the process of registration will not be so hard so that the retailer faces difficulties.The system must have a user friendly and attractive screen so that the retailer can easily register themselves.Once the retailer register themselves on with top grub they will able to order the meals, using a top grub order form. The device has to design so that retailer that has poor credit status will ask for advance payment.
- Design and Coding of the system-The system has design so that the company will able to know how much they are purchasing every month from various suppliers. The design of the system also provides a facility to keep retailers detail on hand whenever they needed. Note that the system will design so as all the order are placed in a green tray and processed at the end of the week by the purchasing clerk and a copy of the purchase order will fill in the red folder Once all the information will collect, the coding process of the system will starts and have to careful about no error will found during coding of the system. The design part and coding part have to be compatible else error will be occurs.
- Testing of system-Once the design and coding parts of the system get completed the system will go under testing to check every necessary condition is full filled in the system or not that is demanded by client or top grub companies.
- Implementation of system- If the analyst does not get any type of bugs during compilation and running of the code and the system behave perfect as the top grubs expected after that the top grub use that system and expect that the retailers definitely like that system and expected a good and positive feedback from retailers.
- Maintenance- The top grubs companies also provide the facility of maintenance to the retailers so that they do not have any difficulties to complete their order, track their order and manage their account smoothly.
Evaluate the system lifecycle models that could be used in this project
We have evaluated several models such as waterfall model, iterative model, spiral model, V-model and so on. We have found that the most suitable one would be iterative model because of following reasons:
- Not much information/requirements are provided by the top Grub client so we can made assumptions.
- It is cost effective as compared to other models.
- We can go back to the previous state of the SDLC, if needed unlike other models.
- The additions and enhancements can be made to the system as in when required by the organization.
- The modules will be made separately and in increments.
According to this project the only one iterative process model is suitable. Because it starts with the small set of software requirements and further iteratively enlarge and upgrade the software or whole system with few changes. An iterative life cycle model does not affect whole process model and does not try to start with full specification of the system requirement. Instead whenever system wants a development then development starts by specifying and just an individual part of the software, which is further reviewed when according to the requirements. Whenever this process will be repeated a new version of the software is produced at the completion of the each iteration of the model of the system. The basic idea behind this process model method is to create or develop a system by the help of repeated cycles at the smaller part of the system at a time.
pictorial representation of Iterative and Incremental model
Similarly in case of the Top Grub system there is definite chances of further enhancements which will be required by the system and it can be provided by the database developer without disturbing the existing system and hence iterative process model is a perfect process model for our proposed system.
The major reason to adopt iterative process model is as follows:
- In the iterative process model some of the functions can developed as quick as possible and at early of starting in the life cycle process model.
- In this process model the results are founds early and at the certain time interval or periodically.
- In the iterative model the cost is very low when changes made in the systems requirements or scope.
- In future if the requirement of the top companies gets very large then there is no any other life cycles model available like iterative process model that works well for the large project and mission- critical projects.
- During this life cycle the software that is needed by the client is produced early which provides a facility to customer evaluation and feedback.
- The iterative process model is less expensive than any other process model during developing a system.
The name of the steps that is used by the iterative process model in a system is as follows:
- Requirements- This step required to collect the information about all the requirement of the client. It takes a survey on the clients demand and gathers all the information. It is a time taken step of the iterative process model in any system.
- Design & Development- After take a survey a design can be made on the paper or the laptop/ computer. The design of the system made is depend completely on the analysis of the requirement. The design of the system is selected on the basis of the client’s requirements. The design does not selected until all the conditions and requirement of the clients is not fulfilled. Once the design has completed it undergoes to development process and made a system.
- Testing- After design and development the system goes under the testing and test it by all the method of crosscheck. If there is no error found it goes to further processes. The system has to be tested until the designer of the system become not satisfies.
- Implementation- The implementation process of the iterative process model implement the system means give the designed system to the client and wait for the feedback.
To create a set of survey questions that you can give to the relevant stakeholders (users)
The set of survey question that we can give to the user is as follows:
Six open type questions are as follows-
- How a retailer can register themselves on to the system?
- Explain the process of cancellation of order?
- What are the conditions to get discount by the retailer?
- Explain the method of tracking the order that is placed by the retailer?
- If the goods are out of stock then what is process of getting goods in case of emergency?
- Explain the criteria of the retailers to register themselves?
Six closed type questions are as follows-
- Is the system is user friendly and attractive?
- Is the product price and code is visible to the retailer?
- Is the retailer can get register themselves on to the system easily?
- Is the stock manager checking the incoming goods that come from wholesalers?
- Is the system allows the retailer to view their order history?
- Is the discount offer is available for all the retailers?
- Assignment Help site provide assignment writing service based on case study requirements in affordable prices and we are providing most flexible online assignment writing help, so book your Assignment with us, Order Now.